Monday, May 15, 2017

Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips and a Miniature Peanut Butter Cup


Don't these cookies look fantastic?  Chocolate and peanut butter are one of the best combinations.  I like chocolate and peanut butter second only to chocolate and caramel.  


I have made my share of chocolate and peanut butter treats.  Last summer I made a chocolate cookie dough ice cream with marshmallow cream and peanut butter cups.  That was pretty decadent.  










Phew! What a list! When it comes to peanut butter and chocolate, I don't mess around.


I used a chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe from allrecipes.com as a starting point.  It is a great recipe.  I have used it loads of times, and it always turns out.


I used peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips.   I omitted the nuts.  I also added an unwrapped peanut butter cup on top of each cookie right as I took them from the oven.  


The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 cups all-purspose flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 cups peanut butter chips, and about 40 miniature peanut butter cups.



I creamed together the butter and sugar for a few minute.


I then beat in the eggs one at a time.


I then mixed in the vanilla extract.



I mixed in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.




I then mixed in the peanut butter chips.


Once everything was combined, I placed mounds of a tablespoon and a half of dough two inches apart from one another on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  I baked the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.



I added an unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup onto the center of each cookie as soon as I removed the baked cookies from the oven.




I let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the pan before letting them cool completely on a wire rack.

These were decadent cookies.


They were rich and sweet.



 The chocolate flavor was deep and intense.


The chips were sweet, smooth, and creamy.  They had a strong peanut butter flavor.


The peanut butter cups made this even more over the top.  



The peanut butter cups melted into the cracks and crevices of the cookies.  It added and extra chocolate and peanut butter punch.


 The texture of the cookie was on point.  It was tender, soft and chewy.


Overall, these were phenomenal cookies.  I wish I had one right now to nibble on.  Actually, I wish I had five to nibble on.

No comments: