Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chocolate Banana Muffins with Peanut Butter Chips


It rained all day today.  I usually walk to work, as I did today.  By the time I arrived at work, my shoes were soaked.  I spent the whole day shivering because of my wet shoes. 


Shivering is a perfect excuse to drink warm drinks.  I drank cup after cup of this yummy orange and cinnamon tea.  What a hardship! 




Being from a desert, I actually like rain.  I think it's beautiful.  The world smells so much better after a heavy rain.



I like looking through the window on rainy day and seeing the drips and streams of water flow.  I even enjoy running and walking in the rain.  I will admit that it is a bit of trouble when you can't change into dry cloths afterwards.


This recipe is based on banana muffins from allrecipes.  I made it a little bit more decadent by adding cocoa powder and peanut butter chips.  


I have a peanut butter and banana fetish.  I have made peanut butter and banana muffins with peanut butter cups.  Peanut butter and chocolate are perfect pair of course.  I have made chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cups.


The ingredients for this recipe are 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking power, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 mashed bananas, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1/3 cup melted butter, and 1 cup peanut butter chips.


I added the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder into a bowl.




I whisked these ingredients together.


In another bowl, I added the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, and egg.


I whisked these ingredients together.  


I poured the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stirred the batter as little as possible until combined.  I add the peanut butter chips before the batter was fully incorporated.  My mother told me when I was younger that you should not stir more than 15 times when combined the wet and dry ingredients for muffins.


I scooped the batter into a muffin pan lined with paper liners.


I baked these muffins for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.




They are packed with peanut butter chips!


 They were chocolatey, but the chocolate didn't overwhelm the banana flavor.


I enjoyed the little sweet bursts of peanut butter.


These fit into dessert for breakfast food category, the best kind of breakfast in my opinion.  They were sweet but not overpoweringly sweet.


 These were really scrumptious!  Another plus is that they freeze really well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Peanut Butter, Banana, and chocolate is like the best combo ever. Awesome recipe! Hope you're warmed up now and having an awesome Friday ;)

Cakespy said...

I'm not a muffin-eater by nature but these ones look like they're awesome enough to garner my attention. :-)

laura said...

Allie, I totally agree!
Cakespy, they are more like an unfrosted cupcake :)