Sunday, May 3, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Reese's Pieces and Chocolate Chips


I made this bread and the pancakes I posted earlier this week at my new apartment.  The kitchen is more light and airy.  It's bigger too.


One of my new roommates has a Kitchen Aid and a complete set of matching dishes.  She has officially achieved adulthood.

I replaced the butter in this bread with applesauce.  The bread was still moist, and the texture was great.  It was a little less flavorful, and I think it was because it didn't half half a cup of butter.



It was still delicious.  It has a peanut butter flavor and yummy chunks of candy studded throughout.  It made a perfect dessert for breakfast.


The recipe came from allrecipes.com. I added peanut butter, chocolate chips, and Reese's Pieces.  I reduced the amount of brown sugar.  It was still sweet; I'm glad I didn't add all the sugar.


The ingredients are 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup applesauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 eggs, 2 ripe bananas, 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces, and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.


I added the flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl.


In another bowl, I combined the brown sugar and applesauce.  


I stirred in the peanut butter and then the eggs one at a time.


I added the mashed bananas.


I added the sugar and banana mixture into the flour.  I stirred until the flour was fully incorporated into the batter.


I added the Reese's Pieces and mini chocolate chips.


I poured the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.  I believe the dimensions are 9 by 4 inches.


I baked the bread at 350 degrees. The recipe says to bake it for 60 minutes.  I baked my bread for longer.  When I use this glass loaf pan, I always need to bake the dish for a long time.


I let it cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before I let it cool on a wire cooling rack.  I sliced and then enjoyed.


 The little bursts of sweetness from the candy were pleasant.


The texture was moist, and it wasn't dense.


The peanut butter made it more special then regular old banana bread.


It was delicious.  It wasn't as decadent in calories or taste because of the applesauce, but the loaf was eaten with gusto nonetheless.  

5 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Love that you added peanut butter & reese pieces! What a fabulous idea!

Unknown said...

The peanut butter is such a wonderful addition and so are the Reese's pieces! You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

laura said...

I agree! Peanut butter and Reese's Pieces were a great addition!

Unknown said...

Bahaha! I log that adulthood is measured by whether or not you have a kitchen aid and matching dishes!!! lol. This bread looks delicious!

laura said...

I like to have measures of adulthood that I can reach :)! Thanks for visiting!