Thursday, April 30, 2015

Peanut Butter Pancakes with Bacon


Most people dislike grocery shopping.  They feel it's a chore to be endured.  They might procrastinate it until they have nothing but crackers and cold cereal left to sustain them.


I enjoy grocery shopping.  I like seeing the new food products and tasting the samples.  


I go with a list but inevitably end up with a few more things then planned. Today I purchased blackberries and soft goat cheese on a whim.  



I have no idea what I'm going to do with blackberries and goat cheese.  The blackberries were on sale, and the store was giving out samples of goat cheese.  


I found this peanut butter pancake recipe on food.com.  I added bacon and swapped out some of the vegetable oil with bacon grease.  


The ingredients are 4 slices of cooked bacon, 1 cup flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon bacon grease, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, and 2 tablespoons milk.


In a bowl, I added the flour, baking powder, and salt.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.


In another bowl,  I added the peanut butter, sugar, oil, and bacon fat.



I whisked these ingredients together until smooth and combined.


I beat in the egg and then the milk.



I poured the milk mixture into the dry ingredients.


I stirred until just combined.


I greased a hot skillet with more bacon fat and added 1/4 a cup of pancake batter.


I sprinkled on some chopped bacon.




I flipped the pancakes when the edges had dried a little and bubbles formed in the center of the pancakes.  I cooked the other side for a few minutes.


I let the leftover pancakes cool on a rack and stored them in the fridge.


I ate these bacon peanut butter pancakes with slices of banana.



 These were delectable.  Bacon and peanut butter are a match made in heaven.  The sliced banana made the whole experience even more exquisite.


The bacon and peanut butter taste were perfectly balanced.  The pancakes were not sweet, which I think was perfect for this dish.  The flavors were nutty and savory.  


The pancakes were fluffy and light, my ideal pancake texture.


 They were nourishing and protein packed but felt a little extravagant.  These are one of my favorite pancakes on my blog.  Magnificent!


No comments: