Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream with Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Cups


This ice cream has a mouthful of a name.  I didn't want to leave out any part of the name because each component has its own vital role.  It is chock full of many yummy treats.


One day when I have more room to store kitchen gadgets, I would like to own an ice cream maker.  Until then, no-churn ice cream is an amazing substitute.  I have made a few no-churn ice cream recipes in the past, and I have always been impressed with the results.

All the no-churn recipes I have seen require sweetened condensed milk.  I'm not sure, but I think the sweetened condensed milk keeps the ice cream smooth and ice free.


Sweetened condensed milk comes from cow's milk.  To make sweetened condensed milk, water is removed and sugar is added.  If it is canned properly, it can last for years.  In the 13th century, Marco Polo wrote that the Tartars condensed milk.  It's got a long history!



The chocolate no-churn ice cream recipe came from the Food Network.  The egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough came from another food blog site called Center Cut Cook.  


The ingredients for the edible chocolate chip cookie dough are 1/2 cup softened butter, 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 cup mini chocolate chips.  The other ingredients are 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of salt, 2 cups heavy cream, 7 ounces marshmallow creme, and 1 cup mini peanut butter cups.


For the cookie dough, I creamed the sugar and butter together.


I mixed in the vanilla extract.


I stirred in the salt and flour.


I mixed in the milk and then the mini chocolate chips.  I set this aside in the fridge until the ice cream base was finished.


For the ice cream base, I mixed the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt together.



I whipped the cold cream for a few minutes.  Stiff peaks formed after a few minutes.


I folded in a cup of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed mixture.


I then gently folded in the lightened sweetened condensed mixture into the remaining whipped cream.


I added gobs of the cookie dough.  I added all of the cookies dough.  It was pretty decadent.


I added the marshmallow cream and the mini peanut butter cups.


I gently folded the ice cream together.  I wanted the cookie dough, marshmallow fluffy, and peanut butter cups to be evenly incorporated throughout the ice cream.


I put the ice cream into freezer safe tupperware.  I placed my ice cream in the freezer for over 24 hours, but the recipe says three hours is sufficient time.


This ice cream was decadent and rich.


It was chock full of sweet treats.


The peanut butter cups, marshmallows, cookie dough were not hard from being frozen.  The marshmallow cream was pillowy and soft.


The cookie dough was smooth and buttery.  The peanut butter cups were sweet and rich.  The chocolate ice cream was fantastic too.  It was creamy and rich.


I have made a few ice cream recipes on my site, but I think this one is my favorite.  It was very decadent and a little overboard.  I give it two thumbs up!

No comments: