Monday, March 13, 2017

Chocolate Turtle Pancakes


During Christmas a coworker was selling nuts and chocolates on behalf of his son.  I believe his son was raising money for band.


I have a very kind and giving heart, so I bought some chocolate turtles.  I have a soft spot for turtles.  I enjoy caramel, nuts, and chocolate.  The ones I bought were made with pecans, which is my favorite nut.
I was rummaging through my cupboard, and I realized I had several leftover.  I stick everything in pancakes, so why not add pieces of chocolate turtles into pancakes?







I used chocolate pancake recipe from food.com as the base.  I have used this recipe many, many times.  I then added half a cup of chopped chocolate turtles.



The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup chopped chocolate turtles.


I whisked together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.







I added the milk, melted butter, and egg to the dry ingredients.


 I chopped the chocolate turtles and added them to the batter.  I stirred them into the batter.


I cooked these in a greased and hot skillet over medium high heat.


I flipped the pancakes once small bubbles started to form near the center of the pancake.  I cooked the reserve side for a few minutes.


I ate these topped with greek yogurt.  Chocolate sauce and caramel sauce would have been a delicious and decadent topping as well.


These were scrumptious pancakes.  They were sweet and delicious.


They had a rich and deep chocolate flavor.


 The texture was fluffy.  The batter made a thick and hearty pancake.


The turtles added gooeyness, crunch, and creaminess.  The pieces became milky and soft in the skillet.


 These were very decadent pancakes.  These made a nice treat for breakfast.


 I heartily enjoyed these delicious pancakes.


 

No comments: