Saturday, March 11, 2017

Chocolate Chips Cookies Stuffed with Milk Duds


Over a year ago, I purchased a rolling pin.  I purchased it with high expectations.  I anticipated making sugar cookies and pie dough.


In the spirit of full disclosure, I have never used the rolling pin.  What a waste of money.  There is still hope that I will use it.

This is not the only time I have purchased something but hardly ever used it.  I purchased a book with  short stories in Spanish and English side by side.  I bought it with the best intentions.


I read half of a story once, and have never even opened it since then.  I guess I need to think about my purchases more carefully.  


This isn't the first time I have made cookies stuffed with candy.  I recently made chocolate cookies stuffed with milk duds.  I have made peanut butter cookies stuffed with peanut butter cups and chocolate chips cookies stuffed with a mini candy bar.



I used a chocolate chip cookie recipe from allrecipes.com.  I have used it before, and it always turns out great.  I only made half of the dough.



For some strange reason, the recipe directs you to mix the baking soda with hot water before adding it to the batter.  I never do this, and I omit the hot water completely.  It turns out fine.


The ingredients for this recipe are 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup chocolate chips, and about 1/2 cup Milk Duds.


I beat the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter together for a few minutes.  The butter becomes nice and creamy.





I beat in the egg and then the vanilla.


I added the baking soda, salt, and flour.  I mixed this into the batter until just combined.


I mixed in the chocolate chunks.


I pressed a Milk Dud into the center of each cookie dough mound.  I covered the Milk Dud completely with dough.


I placed the dough mounds about two inches from one another on a baking sheet lined with a mat.


I baked the cookies for ten minutes at 350 degrees.


This is a fantastic recipe.  The cookies are buttery and sweet.


The edges become caramelized and golden.


The center remains tender and soft.


The chocolate chunks were creamy and milky.


Some of the cookies' caramel oozed from the center of the cookies, but most cookies did not have escaped caramel.  Both versions were delicious.  The caramel was sweet, gooey, and smooth.


They were  delicious and toothsome cookies.  Caramel, chocolate, and cookies are a wonderful combination.


 I ate these with pleasure.  I give them two thumbs up.



No comments: