Friday, April 12, 2019

Chocolate Cookies with Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Pieces


These cookies do not look like much, but there were tasty.  The mint pieces aren't very visible from the outside, so they look like plain chocolate cookies.  


I think that spring has finally arrived around here.  The weather has warmed up.  Flowers are blooming.  Last weekend was the cherry blossom festival.  The blossoms were in full bloom which doesn't always coincide with the festival.

I like going to see the blossoms, but there are always so many people.  You have to wait in line to get a picture, and there are always random strangers in the photo as well.  



They have a fire work display for the cherry blossom festival as well.  This year is the first time I have seen it.  We went to where the fireworks were being set off, so we had an excellent view.  


I made these cookies using a chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I used Andes baking pieces instead of chocolate chips cookies.



The ingredients are 1 cup softened butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 cups all purpose flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Pieces.


I creamed together the butter and sugar for a few minutes.  The butter become flightier and fluffier.  I beat in the eggs one at a time.  I then mixed in the vanilla.





I added the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. I slowly mixed the cookie dough until it was well incorporated.  



 I mixed in the mint baking pieces.


I baked the cookies for about ten minutes at 350 degrees.


I let them cool a few minutes on the pan before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.


These were scrumptious cookies.  They are rich and chocolaty.  


The texture is chewy and fudgy.


 The mint infused with cookies with a bright and refreshing flavor.  The chips also added creaminess and a little extra sweetness.  This is a great cookie recipe that I have used many times.



No comments: