Thursday, April 18, 2019

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate chips cookies are one of my favorites. They are homey and comforting.




Over two years ago I made chocolate chips cookies with bacon.  It seems just like yesterday.  I have made banana chocolate chip cookies, almond chocolate chip cookies, Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookies, and M&M cookies. I have made lots of cookies in the past few years.


I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe in a church bulletin.  It seems to have a little more flour than other recipes I have seen.  The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 2 1/2 cups of flour, and 2 cups chocolate chips.


I creamed the butter and sugar together.  I then beat in the eggs one at a time.




I then mixed in the vanilla, salt, and baking soda.


I mixed in the flour.


I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I baked these for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  I let them cool a little on the pan before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.


These were delicious cookies.  They didn't spread very much.  I think it was because of the flour.


They were more cake like then chewy.  Though I prefer a chewy cookie, these cookies had a soft and desirable texture.


The brown sugar gave them a softer texture and a more caramelized flavor.


It was a good recipe.


No comments: