Sunday, December 16, 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel


Strangely enough, I made these cookies for Thanksgiving.  I did not have traditional thanksgiving food.  We ate fettuccini Alfredo and these chocolate chips cookies.


I did not want to go through all the work of preparing a traditional Thanksgiving meal, and I am glad my friends did not want to either.

We also watched episodes of the Golden Girls, which I had never seen before.  I ended up sleeping through most of the episodes we saw.


These were delicious cookies.  I like chocolate and caramel, and chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of course.


I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe on allrecipes.com.  I have used it before, and it turns out wonderfully.  I replaced the cup of chopped walnuts with caramel bits.  I also used chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 cups flour, 2 cups chocolate chunks, and 1 cup caramel pieces.



I creamed together the softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar for a few minutes.




I vigorously mixed in the eggs one at a time.  I then creamed in the vanilla extract.


I mixed in the baking soda and salt.


I then gradually mixed in the all purpose flour.  I mixed until the flour was throughly combined into the dough.


I mixed in the chocolate chunks and caramel pieces.


I baked the cookies for around ten minutes at 350 degrees.  Some were a little bit over baked, but they were still delicious.


It is a wonderful recipe that makes scrumptious cookies.  They are soft and chewy.


The edges became golden and caramelized.


The cookies were sweet and toothsome.  The chocolate chunks were creamy, and the caramel was chewy.


 These were simple but tasty cookies.  I will definitely use this recipe again.


No comments: