Sunday, December 2, 2018

Peanut Butter Cookie for one with Reese's baking cups and Reese's Pieces


It's December! I have already had my first holiday party and have another one tomorrow. I'm excited for Christmas, even if it seems like it was just Christmas.


My parents have already given me my Christmas present, although I expect I will still have something to open on Christmas morning.  I was given an electric keyboard.  They mailed it directly to me. 

It has already been a wonderful gift.  I play the piano but have not regularly practiced for years.  Since receiving it in the mail, I have played it every day.




I found this giant peanut butter cookie for one recipe on another blog called Good Life Eats.  I swiped out the chocolate chips for Reese's baking cups and Reese's pieces,


The ingredients are 2 tablespoons softened butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 cup baking cups and Reese's pieces.


 I mixed together the softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.



I mixed in the baking soda and flour.


I then mixed in the Reese's Pieces and baking cups.


I formed the dough into a large cookie shape on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat. 


I baked the cookie for 16 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees.


This baked up nicely golden and caramelized.  It has a chewy interior.


It was also packed full of tasty and sweet morsels.  


It make a cookie that could feed four, so don't plan on eating by yourself in one sitting.  It was a delicious and fun treat.


No comments: