Monday, November 13, 2017

Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips


It is going to be an excited November.  I'm leaving to go to Spain this coming Thursday.  I'll be there vacationing for ten days.  


I will work for two days when I get back from Spain, and then I am going to San Francisco for a few days for a work conference.  Unfortunately,  I'm not going to get much work done in November.





Some other great cookie recipes I have made are peanut butter and jelly chocolate chip cookies, millionaires' shortbread bars, chocolate chip cookie brownies, brookies with Oreos, chocolate bars, rhubarb jam bar cookies, and chocolate chip caramel cookies bars.  These are just a fraction of the cookies I have posted about in the past few years.


The chocolate cookie recipe came from allrecipes.com.  I swapped the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.  I also omitted the nuts.


The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups white chocolate chips.


I creamed together the softened butter and sugar for a few minutes.




I beat in the eggs on at a time.  I then beat in the vanilla extract.


I added the baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.  I mixed the cookie dough together.


I then mixed in the flour until the batter was just combined.


I mixed in the chocolate chocolate chips.


I added mounds of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  Each mound of dough contained about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough.  The mounds were about two inches apart from one another.


I baked the cookies for about ten minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.


These were scrumptious cookies.  They were chewy and had a texture similar to a brownie.


They were rich and decadent.

They had a deep and pronounced chocolate flavor.  


 The white chocolate was creamy, gooey, and sweet.  I'm usually not a fan of white chocolate, but it works when it is encased in rich chocolate.


I would gladly make these toothsome cookies again.  They were deletable and heavenly.  


No comments: