Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Green Beans with Tomatoes, Olives, and Eggs


I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Fourth of July.  I went to a beach in a neighboring state.  The temperature was prefect, but it was a little too humid in my opinion.


I didn't end up watching any fireworks.  We left the beach too early, and by the time we got back to the city, I didn't feel like making another trek to see the closest firework display.  I'm a little lazy.

In my defense, being out in the sun all day tires me out.  


This is was a great summer salad.  It would be great for a summer barbecue. 








This green beans with tomatoes, olives, and eggs recipe came from Martha Stewart.  I changed the quantities a little bit.  I also added lemon zest.


The ingredients are 24 ounces green beans, 1 cup grape tomatoes, 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 hard-cooked eggs, salt, pepper, zest of 1 lemon, and lemon wedges.



I simmered the beans in boiling water for three minutes.  I had chopped the beans into 3 inch pieces.  I drained and rinsed the beans in cold water.



I chopped the tomatoes and olives in half.  I added them to a big bowl.


I added the cooked green beans and olive oil to the bowl.


I added salt, pepper, and lemon zest.  I stirred the salad together thoroughly.  



I gently folded in the chopped eggs.


I served the salad with lemon wedges.


This is a light and flavorful salad.


It is citrusy and bright.  It also had a salty and briny flavor.


The green beans were crisp and tender.  


The cherry tomatoes were sweet and juicy.


The salad had many wonderful and diverse textures and flavors.


 Overall, it was very tasty, refreshing, and flavorful.




No comments: