Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Corn, Walnut, and Feta Cheese Salad


I got my inspiration for this recipe off another blog.  Unfortunately,  I cannot remember which blog.  I look at many food blogs in the course of a week.  


I rode my bike to work today.  I usually ride my bike to work once or twice a week during the Spring, Summer, and Fall.  I started a new job this Monday, and it was my first time riding to my new job.

My bike ride took me a little longer than expected.  My commute riding the metro has decreased by at least ten minutes, but my bike commute takes a little longer than before.  I have to be strong, and not allow this to discourage me from biking.


I have really enjoyed my new job so far.  I am going to learn so much.  My new office has a place to shower but no gym.  I appreciate the shower because I like to quickly shower after biking to work in the morning.  I think I may join a gym.  


It seems crazy to have to pay forty dollars a month for a gym, but that seems like a reasonable price in my area.  It will be worth it because I don't like exercising outside during the winter or on really hot days.

The ingredients for this recipe are 4 corn cobs, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 6 ounces feta cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.


Feta is a white cheese originally from Greece.  It is cured or aged in a brine.  This process makes it more stable.  It is made with sheep's milk or a combination of sheep's and goat's milk.  



I boiled or simmered the corn in boiling water for three minutes.  I turned the cobs midway through.





I cut the corn off the cob and combined it with soft butter, chopped walnuts, crumbled feta, and salt.



I stirred the ingredients together, and it was ready to go.  I ate this salad warm and cold.  Both versions are great.


It has a briny and sweet flavor.


The cheese was salty and creamy.


The corn was sweet and fresh.


 The walnuts were crunchy and toothsome.


 It was a hearty and delicious side dish.


The ingredients complemented each other well.



It was simple but scrumptious. 


No comments: