Thursday, June 8, 2017

Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana Pancakes with Reese's Pieces, Mini Peanut Butter Cups, and Chocolate Chunks


These are some pretty over the top pancakes.  They are packed full of all kinds of yummy treats.  They are a perfect dessert for breakfast kind of day.









The base for this recipe is a peanut butter banana pancake recipe from Allrecipes.com.  I added cocoa powder, cinnamon, chocolate soy milk instead of milk, chocolate chunks, mini peanut butter cups, and Reece's Pieces.  As you can tell, these were very healthy pancakes.



The list of ingredients are 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/4 cups chocolate soy milk, 1 ripe banana, 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/3 cup chocolate chunks, 1/3 cup mini peanut butter cups, and 1/3 cup Reece's Pieces.


I whisked together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.





In another bowl, I mashed the banana.  I added the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla extract, and chocolate soy milk.  I mixed all the wet ingredients together.




I stirred together the dry mixture and the wet ingredients.


I stirred the mini peanut butter cups, Reece's Pieces, and chocolate chunks into the pancake batter.


I placed a skillet over medium high heat.  For each pancake, I greased the skillet and then added a third of a cup of batter into the pan.


I flipped the pancakes when little bubbles started forming in the center of the pancake.  I flipped the pancake and cooked the other side for a few minutes.


These were tasty pancakes.  The texture was fluffy.  


It has a nice peanut butter flavor.  The chocolate and banana were a little more subtle, but they were still present.


They were hearty and filling pancakes.


The shell of the Reece's Pieces kind of disolved into the pancakes, but they still provided a little crunch.


The chocolate chunks were creamy, gooey, and milky.


The mini peanut butter cups added additional sweetness.  They also added to the overall peanut butter flavor.


These were decadent and delicious pancakes.  They were a fantastic way to start my day.



No comments: