Sunday, June 10, 2018

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak


My roommate has a slow cooker, and I have used it so much.  It is so convenient.  You just leave a bunch of ingredients in the slow cooker, let it do its work, and in a few hours you have a cooked meal.  I'm a fan.



I found this slow-cooker pepper steak recipe on allrecipes.com.  I added about 3/4 cup of sour cream to the original recipe.  I used real garlic instead of garlic powder.  I didn't brown the beef before putting it into the slow cooker.  


The ingredients are 2 pounds beef sirloin but into two inch strips, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 beef bullion cube, 1/4 cup hot water, 2 tablespoon corn starch, 1 small chopped onion, 2 large green beef peppers, 1 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon demerera sugar, 3/4 cup sour cream, and salt.


I added the chopped onion and green peppers into the slow cooker.


I then added the beef chunks and added the corn starch.  I stirred this together until the corn starch coated the beef and vegetables evenly.


I added the bullion, water, sugar, soy sauce, and garlic together.  I stirred these ingredients together thoroughly.  



I poured this mixture along with the stewed tomatoes over the beef, peppers, and onions.


I let this cook on high for about four hours.  I then mixed in the sour cream.  I stirred this together and let it cook for another 20 minutes.


I served this over rice.


The sauce was creamy, briny, and a little sweet.  It was mouthwatering.


The beef was tender and succulent.  It was savory and flavorful as well.


The vegetables were soft as well.  The flavors melted together well.  


It was automatic and tasty.  It was a very easy recipe to make.  It look little preparation, and then in a few hours it was finished.


The beef was very delicious.  I could cut it with a spoon.  I would make this recipe again.  Simple but scrumptious.



No comments: