Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese's Baking Cups and Reese's Pieces Candy



There is supposedly a hurricane heading near where I live later this week.  I don't believe we will see any of the hurricane, but I believe it will be very wet.  We have already received lots of rain the last couple of weeks.



I'm usually not very prepared for storms.  I usually just cross my fingers that the electricity doesn't go out.  I have purchased a case of bottled water, I own a flash light, and I have trail mix.  I think I am good to go.


Worse case scenario is I'll be reading in the dark with a flash light while eating trail mix.  Luckily it is not winter.  Loosing power in September is a very different thing than loosing power in the winter.



I made these cookies a couple of weeks ago for a pot luck.  I had bought the bag of Reese's baking cups and Reese's pieces candy because I'm a sucker for "new" products.  I have since bought another bag.  I really like chocolate and peanut butter.


I believe I have used this recipe before.  It makes a quality cookie.  I found this classic peanut butter cookie recipe on Allrecipes.com.  I made it as directed except I added a 8.5 ounce bag of Reese's baking cups and Reese's pieces candy.



The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, and 8.5 ounces Reese's baking cups and Reese's pieces candy.


I creamed together the butter and peanut butter.  I then creamed in the brown sugar and white sugar.  I then beat in the eggs one at a time.





I mixed in the salt, baking soda, and baking powder.



 I then mixed in the flour until just combined.


I stirred in the Reese's baking cups and Reese's pieces candy.


I refrigerated the dough over night.  The recipe directs you to refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.  I then put about a tablespoon and a half of dough in mounts onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  I baked the cookies for 375 for about 10 minutes


I let the cookies cool a little on the pan before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.


 This is a wonderful recipe.  The cookies are chewy and tender.


It has a strong and delicious peanut flavor.  The cookies were sweet and soft.


 The texture was perfect.  The baking cups and candies were a tasty addition too.  They added extra peanut flavor and an extra jolt of sugar.


The cups were gooey, chocolatey and melted.  Candy was a little crunchy.  I think the candy additions made the cookies a little more special and pretty.  


It was a great cookie recipe to begin with, and the extra candy addition only made them better.


It was a tasty recipe, and I will use it again.  I will also bake with these baking cups and candy as well, seeing as I bough another bag of them.


No comments: