Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Giant Chocolate Cookie with Mint M and Ms


It's starting to look like Christmas.  Everybody has Christmas lights, the radio is playing Christmas music, and everyone is throwing Christmas parties.


It is an exciting time of year.  Yesterday I took a walk at dusk and saw all of my neighbors' Christmas lights.
I'm not quite ready for Christmas, but luckily I don't have much to prepare.  I don't set up my own Christmas tree or decorations, but wait to do that when I am at home.  I have a few Christmas presents to buy, but not many.


Fortunately, I don't have many preparations, because Christmas caught me by surprise this year.  I can't believe it is already December.  November went by so quickly.


I traveled for much of the month, and I think that caused November to go by so quickly.  We only have three more weeks until Christmas, and it is going to go by quickly.




I found this giant chocolate cookie recipe on a blog Called Sally's Baking Addiction.  She called it "XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie."  That's a good name!  I substituted the chocolate chips for mint M and Ms.  

The ingredients are 2 tablespoon softened butter, 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup mint M and M candies.


I beat together the melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.




I beat in the beaten egg and vanilla extract.


I stirred in the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.



I stirred in the mint candies.


I formed the dough into a giant cookie on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  I added a few additional M and M candies on top.


I baked the cookie for 14 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookie cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before removing it to cool on a wire rack.


This was a good chocolate cookie.


It was sweet and had a deep and rich chocolate taste.


The mint candy was refreshing, creamy, milky, and festive.


It also made a hearty serving.  A few people could probably share this giant cookie.


I wasn't as crazy about the texture.  It wasn't crisp, but it wasn't soft either.  I prefer a brownie like or chewy cookie, and this recipe didn't fit the bill.


Even though it wasn't my ideal cookie, it was still good.  The chocolate and mint were a tasty combination.


No comments: