Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Chocolate Pancakes with Mint M and Ms


This month is flying by.  I only have a week and a half before flying home for Christmas.  Yesterday I participated in a white elephant gift exchange.  I had forgotten about it until the last minute.  I was already leaving when I realized I needed to bring a white elephant gift to the party.


I ran back up to my apartment and grabbed one of my cookbooks from my shelves and threw it into a bag.  After someone had selected and opened the gift, I saw a piece of paper peaking out from behind the front cover.

I tried to stealthily go snatch the paper without anyone noticing, but I don't think it worked.  It was another recipe that I had written and stored in the cookbook.  It was pretty slick.


We had a white elephant gift exchange at work as well.  Last year I got a piece of embroidered fabric that is now hanging in my bedroom.  It was a great catch.  This year I gave candy and a book and received a candle.  It's always fun to see what people give and receive. 


For these pancakes, I used a chocolate pancake recipe that I have used many times.  It is my favorite pancake recipe.  I spruced it up a bit by adding mint M and Ms.


The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup mint M and Ms.




I whisked together the cocoa powder, sugar, all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.



I added the egg, milk, and melted butter.  I stirred until combined.



I mixed in the mint M and Ms.


For each pancake, I scooped a third of a cup of pancake batter into a greased skillet over medium-high heat.  I flipped the pancakes once bubbles started forming in the middle of the pancake.  I cooked the reverse side for a few minutes.


I ate these pancakes with Nutella.  I switched it up a little from my usual greek yogurt.  It was a little more decadent and tasty.


 As usual, these were scrumptious pancakes.  The pancakes had a deep, rich chocolate flavor.  They were subtly sweet.


The texture was tender and fluffy.


The candies added bright, mint flavor.  The candies were also gooey, melted, and creamy.  


 These were decadent and festive pancakes.


This is a great recipe to start of with, and the M and Ms made them extra special.

No comments: