Sunday, November 18, 2018

Chocolate Cookies with Reece's Baking Cups and Reece's Pieces Candy


The holidays are fast approaching.  Are you ready?  


I spend last Thanksgiving in Spain.  It is a pretty epic way to spend the holiday.  This year is going to be much more low key.  I am going to go hang out at a friends' house.  We are not even making thanksgiving foods.


I didn't want to make the whole Thanksgiving spread.  I'm glad that she didn't want to either.  It seems like a big hassle for just two people.  I believe we will be eating pasta and cookies, two of the best comfort foods in my book.


I made these chocolate cookies for the sole purpose of taking them to work.  Unfortunately, two of my coworkers have peanut allergies.  I knew that one had peanut allergies, but I forgot.


Oh well! Next time I will remember. Chocolate and peanut butter are two of my favorite things, so I tend to make peanut and chocolate desserts.  Maybe I'll bring chocolate mint cookies for Christmas.  


I found the chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe I used as the base on allrecipes.com.  I swapped out most of the chocolate chip cookies with Reece's baking cups and Reece's Pieces candy.  I have used this recipe before, and it's a keeper.


The ingredients are 1 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 cups all purpose flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups Reece's baking cups and Reece's Pieces candy, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.


 I creamed the butter and sugar together for a few minutes.




I beat in the eggs one at a time.  I then beat in the vanilla.


I mixed in the baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.


I then mixed in the flour.


I carefully mixed in the Reece's baking cups and Reece's Pieces Candy.


I let these cookies sit in the fridge overnight, but you could also bake them immediately.   I baked the cookies for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes before removing the cookies to cool on a wire rack.


As I mentioned, I have used this chocolate chocolate chip cookie multiple times, and it always turns out well.  It is a recipe I intend to use many times in the future as well.


The cookies have a rich and deep chocolate flavor.


They have a chewy and brownie like texture in the center.  They are a little caramelized on the edges. 


These cookies had additional crush and sweetness from the peanut butter cups and Reece's Pieces candy.


The Reese's pieces were a little crunchy and had a yummy peanut butter flavor.  The cups of courses added additional peanut butter.  They were gooey and creamy too.


The peanut butter and chocolate went perfectly together.  It is always a wonderful pairing.


 These were wonderfully delicious cookies.


They were rich and decadent.  Yum!

No comments: