Sunday, August 19, 2018

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


Yesterday I saw the movie Crazy Asian Rich.  I did not intend to see it, but the reviews are really good.  Anyway, it was a last minute decision.


It was so funny.  I even got a little emotional at the end.  It exceeded my expectations.  I plan on seeing it again, though I will probably wait until it goes to DVD.  I think I'll also borrow the book from the library.  

I can't really remember why I made these cookies.  I believe I brought them to a pot luck.  I do remember that they were quite delicious.  They were very chewy.




I got the chocolate chip cookie bar cookie recipe off of King Arthur's website.  I have used many of their bread recipes, and they all turned out well.  I ended up replacing some of the brown sugar with white sugar because I ran out of brown sugar. 


This recipe does require a mountain of chocolate chips.  You use more than one bag.  Good cookie recipes have lots of chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 2/3 cups butter, 1 cups and 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 large eggs, 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour, and 3 cups chocolate chips.



To begin, I melt the butter.  I then stirred the brown sugar and white sugar into the melted butter.




I stirred in the salt and vanilla and stirred until combined.


I let the mixture cool a little before adding in the eggs.  I mixed in the eggs one at a time.  


I mixed in the baking powder and flour.


I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I smoothed the cookie dough in a even layer into a nine by thirteen baking dish that had been lined with parchment paper and greased.  


I baked the cookies for 30 to 32 minutes at 350 degrees.  I let them cool before cutting them into squares.


These were scrumptious cookies.  They were chewy, thick, and dense.


They were sweet, buttery, and caramelized.  


They were packed full of creamy, melted chocolate chips.  


They were rich and scrumptious.  They are easy to make, but taste wonderful.


 This was a wonderful recipe.  I think you could switch it up a little and replace some of the chocolate chips with M and Ms or nuts.


I will make these again.  They were yummy and toothsome.



No comments: