Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pancakes


Next week they are painting the walls and re-carpeting my floor at work.  They are refurbishing a different section every week.  We are responsible for packing all our stuff in boxes.  Fortunately we don't have to move our stuff our our furnishings.


I'll be sharing an office with a coworker on another floor for a week.  I'll have to cart down my two monitors, my chair, and anything I'll need for the week.  Another coworker will be storing all her plants in the same office.  She has about 15, so it's going to be a little botanical garden.

I'm pretty excited because my coworker has a window so there will be natural light.  I could get used to natural light and a room full of plants.


These are some really healthy pancakes.  They have one and half of a white cookies and cream chocolate bar, chocolate chips, and crushed up Oreos.   I probably would have been better for my body to eat a donut for breakfast.


Oh well, sometimes you need to treat yourself.  There is no better way to start your day then having dessert for breakfast.

This chocolate pancake recipes came from Food.com.  It is amazing.  I have made it many times.  I added extra sugar to make it extra special.



The ingredients are 1 cup flour, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 Oreos, 1 1/2 1.5-ounce cookie sand cream white chocolate bars, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.


I whisked together the cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt together in a big bowl.





I added the milk, egg, and melted butter.  I whisked the batter together.



I mixed in the crushed Oreos, chopped cookies and cream candy bar, and chocolate chips.



I cooked this pancakes on medium-high heat in a greased skillet.  I used about a fourth to a third of batter for each pancake.


I flipped the pancakes once bubbles started forming in the center of the pancake.  I cooked the other sides for a few minutes.  


I ate these with greek yogurt.  The greek yogurt on these pancakes is chocolate, which is a pretty good find.


These would have been even tastier with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and more crushed up Oreos.


As always, this is a great recipe.  The pancakes are tender, fluffy, and thick.  The texture is spot on.


It has a rich and deep chocolate flavor.  They are sweet, but not overbearingly sweet.  Of course, I then added loads of candy to the recipe.


 The Oreos has some sweetness and additional chocolate flavor.  They were no longer crisp, but they softened in the batter.


 The white chocolate was creamy and smooth.  It has little chunks of cookie that provided a little crispiness.


 The milk chocolate was milky and gooey.


These were over the top, decadent pancakes.  They were rich and delightful.



I probably shouldn't eat them every day, but you need a treat every once in a while.  These are unequivocally a treat.  Yum!


No comments: