Sunday, July 16, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes with Reese's Pieces and Chocolate Chips


I made these pancakes the day after returning to visit my family.  I hadn't had time to go to the grocery store, but had all I needed to make pancakes.



One of the wonderful things about pancakes is that most of the ingredients are basic items always in my pantry.  I usually don't have to make a trip to the grocery store to get the items to make pancakes.

I even like eating pancakes for dinner.  They make a great weekday meal because they hardly take anytime to prepare and get on the table.  


It is also great to have a few pancakes in the freezer for a quick breakfast.  



I am a big fan of pancakes.    The base for these pancakes is a peanut butter pancake recipe I found on food.com.  I added cocoa powder, Reese's Pieces, and chocolate chips to the recipe.


The ingredients for these pancakes are 1 cup flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 large egg, 1 cup and 2 tablespoons milk, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/3 cup Reese's Pieces and 1/3 cup chocolate chips.


I mixed together the peanut butter, sugar, and oil.





I mixed in the egg and then the milk.


I added the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder to the batter.



I stirred together the batter.


I mixed in the Reese's Pieces and chocolate chips.


For each pancake, I added a third of a cup of batter into a greased skillet over medium high heat.  I cooked the pancake until the edges looked a little drier and bubbles formed in the center of the pancake.


I flipped the pancake and let the other side cook for a few minutes.  


I served these pancakes with greek yogurt, but peanut butter and chocolate sauce would have been more delicious.


These were great pancakes.  They were fluffy and hearty.


They had a good, strong chocolate and peanut butter flavor.  Peanut butter and chocolate are of course  an excellent pair, and they didn't disappoint in these pancakes.


The Reece's Pieces and chocolate chips added touches of sweetness.


The chocolate chips were gooey, milky, and creamy,


These were tasty and comforting pancakes.  They were light and tender.  I would make them again.

No comments: