Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Chocolate Pancakes with Peanut Butter M and Ms and Peanut Butter Chips


Peanut butter M and Ms are by far my favorite M and M.  I have a brother who prefers peanut butter as well.

My mother prefers peanut M and Ms, while my dad prefers plain.  I will gladly eat any version, but I can do without the crispy.  I find them underwhelming.

I have heard that they are coming out with a caramel M and M.  I have yet to see it in stores, but I'll buy a package when I do.






I have used this chocolate pancake recipe many times.  I added peanut butter chips and chunks of peanut butter M and Ms.  



The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup peanut butter chips, and 1/3 cup chopped peanut butter M and Ms.



I added the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.





I added the milk, egg, and melted butter.  I whisked the batter together.



I stirred in the peanut butter chips and peanut butter M and Ms.


I scooped a third of a cup of batter into a greased pan over medium high heat.


I flipped the pancakes once bubbles started to form near the center of the pancake.  I cooked the reverse side for a few minutes.


I ate these with a dollop of chocolate greek yogurt.  Who knew that was a think?  I think these would be yummy with peanut butter and fudge sauce too.


These were tasty pancakes.  The texture was fluffy, and the pancake was hearty and thick.  I think a pancake with some weight.


It had a deep and dark chocolate flavor.  They were sweet pancakes too because of the fourth of a cup of sugar.


The peanut butter chips were creamy, sweet, and gooey.  The M and Ms gave some crunch and extra sweetness.  The peanut butter and chocolate were a perfect combination.  These made a delicious and decadent breakfast treat.



No comments: