Thursday, July 31, 2014

Peach and Coconut Muffin


My last post was so healthy that I felt I needed to update my blog quickly with a sugary baked good. Roasted vegetables are an important part of any diet, but no one browses food blogs to see vegetarian sandwiches.


I recently had some family members and friends proofread a few essays I wrote.  It's funny how people notice different things.  Different people noticed grammar errors, wanted better descriptions, suggested I rewrite an entire essay, and wanted me to rework sections.  



It reminded me of when I was applying to jobs.  I asked many people to review my resume.  It didn't matter how many people had made edits before, a new person would always have suggestions.  That is the tricky thing about writings: it's never really finished.  You can always rewrite, edit, and stew over your words.




These little muffins were pretty amazing.  They were so sweet they were pretty much unfrosted cupcakes.  I got the recipe from allrecipes, but I added coconut flakes to the batter.  



The ingredients are 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil, 3 eggs, 2 cups white sugar, 2 cups chopped peaches, and 1 cup coconut flakes.



I measured the flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.


I added the coconut flakes to the bowl with the flour and whisked everything together.


In another bowl, I added the oil, eggs, and sugar.



I whisked the sugar, oil, and eggs together.


I poured the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stirred a little.


I added the peaches before I was finished stirring.  


I stirred as little as possible until the batter came together.  


I spooned the batter into muffin liners.



I baked these for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  I had big muffin liners so I baked my muffins longer than directed.  


These were incredibly moist and delicious!


 The little chunks of baked peaches were particularly delightful.


The cinnamon worked well with the peaches and coconut.  The top of the muffin were a little crunchy.  These muffins were delightful.


They were sweet.  I could have reduced the sugar by half a cup, but I don't mind sugary breakfasts.


No comments: