Sunday, July 15, 2018

Honey Garlic Shrimp


One of my goals this year is to get scuba certified.  I completed the educational aspect, and next weekend I will do my pool dives.


The dive shop that I am working with does all their pool dives in two days.  They start each day at 10:30am and end at 5pm.  They do their outdoor dives in one weekend as well.




I hope to go on a fun trip someone later this year and go scuba diving.  It is going to be a fun hobby.  It will encourage me to travel a bit more too because I'll need to go diving, and there is no diving nearby.


I found this honey garlic shrimp recipe on a blog called Sally's Baking Addiction.  She posts lots of baking recipes but non-baking recipes like this one too.  I made the recipe as directed.


The ingredients are 1/3 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, 1 pound uncooked shrimp, and 2 teaspoons olive oil.


I added the honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic into a bowl.  I whisked the ingredients together.  I added the shrimp and half of this marinade mixture into a plastic bag and let it meld together for eight hours in the fridge.




I added the oil into a skillet over medium high heat.  I removed the shrimp from the marinade.  I laid it evenly in the skillet.  I cooked the first side for about 45 seconds.  I flipped the shrimp and added the other half of the marinade.  I let this simmer for about a minutes.


After that, the shrimp was ready to eat.


I enjoyed the salty, briny, and sweet flavor of the marinade.  It was toothsome flavor combination.


The ginger added some brightness and freshness.


The shrimp was tender and not overcooked.  The shrimp had absorbed the flavor of the marinade.


 This was a scrumptious dish.  It was light and flavorful.


It would go well with rice and steamed vegetables.  It was easy and quick to prepare and tasted great.

No comments: