Thursday, May 3, 2018

Bird Seed


This is probably the strangest recipe I have posted on this blog.  When my extended family on my mother's side goes hiking or on a picnic, someone usually brings bird seed.  I believe it is my Aunt's invention.


We often go on a picnic the Saturday before  Easter, so I associate bird seed with Easter.



It is really just trail mix, but it is trail mix made with cold cereal.  We make it with Captain Crunch or Lucky Charms.  I prefer Captain Crunch.  It is also usually made with just plain M and Ms and peanut M and Ms.


I added peanut, plain, caramel, and peanut butter M and Ms.  Why not add a little extra candy?  That is really the best part.


The ingredients for this recipe are 13 ounce box Captain Crunch, 9.6 ounce bag caramel M and Ms, 9.6 ounce bag peanut M and Ms, 9.6 ounce bag plain M and Ms, 9.6 ounce bag peanut butter M and Ms, 13 ounce raisins, and 16 ounce dry roasted peanuts.



I combined the Captain Crunch to a large bowl.  I also added the caramel, plain, peanut butter, and peanut M and Ms.




 


I added the raisins and peanuts.


I stirred all of the ingredients together and then it was ready.  It is a pretty simple recipe.


This is defiantly more of a treat then a health food.  I think its tasty and fun.


For me, it is nostalgic as well.  I like all the yummy, sweet morsels.  The salty peanut are a tasty addition too.




 It is colorful and is packed with many interesting textures.


This brings back many happy memories.  I like when food can remind me of people, places, or experiences.


No comments: