Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spicy Bean Dip with Sriracha Sauce


A few weeks ago I went to a potluck.  The theme was Asian fusion.  I tend to think more about food than I should, and I spent way too much time thinking about the theme.


I thought about preparing an Asian inspired slaw, vegetables in oyster sauce, and even dumplings.  I decided on a spicy white bean dip I found in one of my myriad of google searches for "Asian fusion."


It had Asian and south east Asian ingredients.  I was intrigued.  Bean dip is usually a simple affair, but these ingredients seemed promising.


I found it on a blog entitled White on Rice Couple.  I have seen there blog before, but I have never made one of their recipes before now.  It was a good recipe.  It had a kick, but I like spicy.


The ingredients are 1 15-ounce can white beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2  tablespoons sriracha hot sauce, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 cup water, and 1 tablespoon lime juice.  I served the dip with sugar snap peas and carrots.  Crackers would have been delicious too.


I added the drained and rinsed beans to a blender.  I added the olive oil,  sesame oil, soy sauce, and sriracha sauce to the blender.




I added the minced garlic clove, curry powder, lemon juice, and water.



I blended the ingredients until the dip was smooth and creamy.


This recipe had many flavors going on, but they married with each other well.  The curry was light but detectable.  The sesame oil was nutty.


The sriracha hot sauce added a kick.


The texture was smooth and velvety.  It was flavorful and appetizing.  It made a great accompaniment to vegetables.  


No comments: