Monday, November 4, 2013

BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich


Nothing says November like BBQ chicken grilled cheese sandwiches, right? Today feels like fall.  Last week there were a few weeks that were so warm I didn't need a jacket, but today I definitely needed a jacket.  Last Saturday I was running on a trail near my apartment, and many of the leaves were changing colors.  I love fall; it's my favorite season. 

Even though these grilled cheese sandwiches might be more appropriate in the summer, they are a tasty sandwich nonetheless.  They are also messy, which is a sign of a good sandwich.



I used mozzarella cheese, bread, barbeque sauce, and shredded chicken to make this grilled cheese sandwich.

I had baked two boneless chicken tights.  I shredded the chicken and smothered it in  barbeque sauce.  I probably used around 1/4 a cup or 1/2 cup of sauce.

I placed a slice of buttered bread in a warm skillet.  I then layered thick slices of cheese on top of the bread.

I then scooped a mound of barbeque chicken on top of the sandwhich and toped it off with another slice of bread.


I cooked the sandwich on both sides until the bread was browned and the cheese melty.

 Simple yet good!

No comments: