Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumnal Trail Mix

I am visiting my family in Utah this week.  It has been fun and relaxing.  Getting here was a bit of a trial though.  My plane left four hours late, and I missed my second flight.  I ended up spending the night in Denver.  I had unexpectedly checked in my baggage and had packed my pajamas and toothbrush in my checked baggage.  This experience has taught be that direct flights are sometimes worth the extra cost.

The week before coming home, I ate way too much of this trail mix.  In fact, one day I ate it for breakfast and lunch.  It isn't particularly autumnal, but I didn't know what else to call it.  There are several ingredients, and I didn't know which ingredients to highlight in the name.  I thought about calling it "Good Trail Mix," but what if I posted another trail mix to my blog? Would I have to call it "Second Best Trail Mix?  The name might not be appropriate, but it was still tasty.





The ingredients are 8 ounces pistachios, 8 ounces dried blueberries, 16 ounces dried apricots, 16 ounces salted cashews, 1 cup chocolate chips, and11 ounces chocolate covered raisins.


I poured all the ingriedients into a large, sealable container.  This is a pretty easy recipe.


To finish, I stirred all the nuts, fruit, and chocolate together with my hand.  I love trail mix.  Making your own lets you choose your favorite nuts and dried fruit; You get to customize it to your own preference.  You can eat it plain or add it on top of hot cereal, ice cream, or yogurt.  


No comments: