Sunday, June 24, 2018

Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries, Chocolate Chips, Pecans, and Toffee Bits


I have a soft spot for oatmeal cookies.  Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, but I have a hard time saying no to a soft oatmeal cookie.


I like oatmeal raisin cookies, but I prefer oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips too.  These cookies combine the deliciousness of dried fruit and chocolate chips.  


I froze some of this dough in the freezer for future use, and it worked out great.  It is convenient to have prepped dough in the freezer, but I rarely have it on hand.  I think it is better for me health to not have frozen dough in my freezer.


I saw Incredibles 2 yesterday.  Sometimes sequels are rough to watch, but Incredibles 2 was great.  I enjoyed it as much as the first and maybe even more.  I didn't realize it had been so long since they made the first Incredibles movie.  It has been over ten years.


I found this oatmeal cookie recipe on genius kitchen.  I didn't add raisins like the recipe suggests.  I added dried cranberries, chocolate chips, pecans and toffee bits.  I also only made half the recipe.


The ingredients are 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 packed brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon  baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, 1/2 cup pecans, and 1/3 cup toffee bits.


I creamed together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar for a few minutes.





I beat in the egg and vanilla.


I mixed in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt.


I mixed in the flour and then the rolled oats.


I then mixed in the pecans, dried cranberries, chocolate chunks, and toffee bits.  I probably added too many add-ins because the dough had a hard time sticking together.



I used about a tablespoon and a half of dough for each cookie.  I placed dough mounds on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  The dough mound were about two inches from one another.


I baked the cookies for 11 minute at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the sheet pan before letting them cool completely on a wire rack.


These were scrumptious cookies.  They were sweet, caramelized, and buttery.


 They had delicious, chewy texture.  They were soft and tender.


The dried cranberries were tart, sweet, and chewy.  The pecans added crunch and nuttiness.  The chocolate was sweet, gooey, and creamy.  They toffee softened in the baked cookie, but added pockets of sweet caramelization. 


The cookies were baked full of tasty morsels.  As I mentioned earlier,  I probably added too many add-ins.  It was a little difficult to form the dough into balls.  They had a tendency to fall apart.  They were set once they were baked though.


These were hearty and toothsome cookies.  

No comments: