Thursday, June 22, 2017

Peanut Butter Pancakes with Reese's Pieces and Chocolate Chips

I'm posting another pancake recipe!  Yea for pancakes!


I just made this pancakes last Sunday and ate a couple this very morning.



I'm leaving on another vacation tomorrow.  I took a trip to Switzerland just three weeks ago.  Tomorrow I'm going to visit my family.


I have a big family.  All of my siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and my parents are going to spend a week at a lake house.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.


I still have a bit of packing to do.  I'd also like to clean my room a little so I don't come back to a mess.  Instead I am writing this post about pancakes.  


I found this peanut butter pancake recipe on food.com.  I have used another peanut butter pancake recipe in the past, and they are equally good.


I made a few alterations of course.  I used less milk.  I used brown sugar instead of white sugar.  I also added vanilla, Reese's Pieces, and chocolate chips.


The ingredients are  1 cup flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoon grown sugar, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1 cup and 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.



I whisked together the flour, baking powder, and salt.




In another bowl, I mixed together the peanut butter, sugar, and oil.



I mixed the egg into the peanut butter mixture.  I also gradually mixed in the milk.


I poured the liquid peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients.  I stirred to combine.  I also stirred in the vanilla extract.


I mixed in the Reese's pieces and the chocolate chips.


For each pancakes I used a third of a cup of batter.  I cooked the pancakes over medium-high heat in a greased skillet.  I flipped it once the edges looked dry and bubbles started to form in the center.  I cooked the other side of the pancake until it was nice and golden.


These were tasty pancakes.  They were fluffy and thick.  Just the way I like pancakes.


 They were packed full of sweet morsels.  The candy and chocolate became melted and creamy.  They became gooey pools throughout the pancakes.


The peanut butter flavor was pronounced and nutty.


The pancakes themselves were not too sweet, which is good because they were chock full of candy.


As I mentioned before, the texture was spot on.  They were soft and tender.  It was a great peanut butter pancake recipe, and I'm sure I'll use it again.


No comments: