Sunday, November 13, 2016

Caramelized Apple and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas


I started a knitting project last Thursday.  I have a tendency of doing things to extremes.  If I get into a TV show on Net-flicks, I binge until I finish all the seasons.  When I find a book I really enjoy, I finish it in a few days.


On Friday and Saturday, I probably knit between four to five hour each day.  

I didn't work on Friday because of Veterans Day.  I went to a bakery and knit for a couple of hours while taking sporadic bites of humming bird cake.  It was a pleasant afternoon.


My dad often eats apples with slices of cheddar cheese.  That was the inspiration for this quesadilla.


The ingredients are 1 tablespoon butter, 2 small apples, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, cheddar cheese and tortillas.  Two small apples are enough for about three quesadillas.  I used around two ounces of cheese for each quesadilla.


I peeled and thinly sliced the apples.  I melted the butter and sautéed the apples in the brown sugar for several minutes.  I browned each side of the apple slices.





To construct the quesadilla, I placed thin slices of cheese on a tortilla.  


I placed the caramelized apples on top of the cheese.


I added a few more slices of cheese on top of the apples and then topped the quesadilla with another tortilla.


I browned each side of the quesadilla in a warm skillet.


This was a delicious quesadilla.  It was gooey and cheesy.


The apples were sweet and caramelized, and the cheese was sharp, creamy, and smooth. 


 It was messy and delectable.

No comments: