Thursday, November 3, 2016

Banana Overnight Oatmeal


I have a dentist appointment this morning.  The last time I went to the dentist, I had been so diligent about flossing.  I flossed pretty much every day.


The last six months I have been much less diligent.  I feel a little guilty.   There are just so many good things that I should be doing, and I don't do all of them.


I have been eating overnight oatmeal almost every day for breakfast.  Overnight oatmeal is hearty and delicious.  I have also been eating pumpkin O's from Trader Joe's.  I'm into all the pumpkin and pumpkin spice products in the stores right now.



I didn't have a recipe for this.  That's not surprising given how simple it is.


The ingredients are 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 3/4 cup cashew milk, and 1 tablespoon walnuts.


I added the cinnamon, salt, banana, oats, and chia seeds into a container.



I also added the maple syrup and cashew milk.  Any milk would work.


I stirred the ingredients and let it sit overnight in the fridge.  When I was ready to eat breakfast the next day, I added the walnuts.


This was a delicious and creamy breakfast.


The oats were tender.  The bananas was mushy, which I enjoyed.


The cinnamon and maple syrup were aromatic and inviting.


It was a simple yet satisfying and filling breakfast.











No comments: