Monday, February 16, 2015

Spicy Sweet Green Beans


Happy Presidents' Day!  I slept in and then went for a run.  It was cold!  The temperature was fine while I ran, but I started shivering when I had to wait for a traffic light.


In regards to temperature, February is the month that must be endured.  The holidays are over, and there is nothing but the cold.  


I was looking at food blogs and saw this recipe on Picky Palate.  I bought a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce for the buffalo chicken pizza I made earlier this month.



I'm always looking for new ways to cook vegetables, and how often do I have Frank's Hot Sauce on hand?  This could be the first time in my life.


The ingredients are 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 pound green beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce, and 2 tablespoons honey.


I added the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  I then added the green beans, salt, and pepper.  I cooked the beans for seven to ten minutes.  I covered the pan and stirred regularly.


I combined the honey and Frank's Red Hot Original.


I added the honey and hot sauce into the green beans.


Once all the ingredients were thoroughly combined and warm, it was ready to be eaten.


 This was delicious.  The beans were still a little crisp.  I like them that way and cooked them for only seven minutes.


 The beans were sweet and spicy, a spectacular combination.


I like green beans, but they can be pretty boring.  This is a scrumptious and tangy way to spice up your green beans.  If I were you, I would give it a try.


2 comments:

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Guess who just bought green beans this morning? Totally giving this recipe a try Laura!

laura said...

Trish, I hope you liked it!