Thursday, September 15, 2016

Strawberry and Chocolate Pancakes


Today was a beautiful day.  The weather has been hot for September, but today was perfectly mild.  There was a little breeze and some cloud cover.  It was as close to perfection as you can get.


There are free weekly exercise class taught in the park during the summer that are still being held in September.  Today I went to a pilates class.  The last few weeks have been hot and bright.  

During today's class, I was trying to soak in as much of the sublime weather as possible.  It was ideal.


After class I went to an Israeli restaurant that served pita sandwiches and mujadara.  All the dishes were vegetarian.  It was delicious.  I have a penchant for Mediterranean and Middle Eastern foods.  Actually, I can't help myself from eating any kind of food.

 
I have a soft spot for making pancakes.  I like them for breakfast and dinner.  These pancakes taste like cake.


I have used the chocolate pancake recipe many times.  It is my favorite pancake recipe.  I added mini chocolate chips and crushed freeze dried strawberries.


The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/8 cups flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and  1 1/4 cups crushed freeze dried strawberries.


I whisked together the milk, melted butter, and egg.




I whisked together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.




I combined the wet and dry ingredients together.


I added the crushed freeze dried strawberries.


I mixed in the mini chocolate chips.


For each pancake, I scooped a third of a cup of batter onto a hot and greased skillet.


I cooked the pancakes until bubbles started forming in the center and the edges looked a little dry.


I cooked the other side of the pancakes for a few minutes.


I toped these pancakes with greek yogurt.


This recipe makes a very fluffy and tender pancake.


The chocolate flavor is deep, rich, and decadent.


 I could taste the tart and sweet bits of strawberry.


The chocolate chips were smooth, creamy, and delicious.


These were toothsome and delightful pancakes.  They made a great breakfast treat.



No comments: