Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Roasted Green Beans and Tomatoes with Vinaigrette


Do you ever wish you could see your future?  I'm the kind of person that will occasionally jump to the end of a book and read the last chapter because I can't take the suspense.  


My life hasn't turned out the way I expected so far, and for the most part that been okay.  I'm happy, and my life is satisfying.   I would like to know what the future will bring.  I would like to know where I'll live, what I'll be doing, and if I'll be happy.  I don't like uncertainty.


With that weird introduction, let me know talk about these beans.  This was a good salad.  I made way to much vinaigrette, but I've made bigger mistakes.  The green beans were still a little crisp, which is exactly how I like them.




The ingredients for this dish are 8 ounces of portobello mushrooms, 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, 2 pounds green beans, 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/8 rice vinegar, 1/8 lemon juice, 2/3 garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.


I rinsed the green beans and tomatoes.  I chopped off the ends of the green beans and cup them into two pieces.



I drizzled olive oil on the vegetables and then sprinkled on salt and pepper.  I baked the vegetables for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.


To make the vinaigrette I added the olive oil, vinegars, salt, dried herbs, red chile pepper flakes, and garlic into a jar with tight lid.




I shook the jar until everything was combined.


I poured the vinaigrette over the baked vegetables.


As I mentioned, I made way too much vinaigrette.  The vegetables were swimming in the dressing.  It was still fresh and delightful though.  I liked how the cherries burst open and softened in the oven.


 It was light, fresh, and bright.  It's a perfect side dish for spring.



No comments: