Friday, March 15, 2019

Roasted Carrots with Cardamom Butter


This is a healthy change from what I usually post about on my blog.  It is good to switch it up every once in a while.


I don't know if these are the healthiest carrots because the recipe does call for butter and oil.  All things in moderation, right?

I found this carrot recipe on a website called Health Eating.  I read the recipe incorrectly, and used 4 tablespoons of butter.  It should have been 4 teaspoons.  My version was a much more buttery.  The ingredients I used are 4 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 pounds carrots.


I melted the butter and then added the oil and cardamom.





I chopped the carrots and mixed them with the butter and cardamom mixture.  I baked the carrots for 30 minutes at 450 degrees.  I stirred the carrots twice while they were baking.


These were tasty carrots.  They were buttery and sweet.  They would have been much healthier with only 4 teaspoons of butter.


The cardamom imbued the carrots with a scrumptious, aromatic flavor.


 The carrots were scrumptious and tasty.


No comments: