Saturday, January 23, 2016

Honey Mustard Chicken


It's snowing!  It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon.  I shoveled a little snow this morning, and there was already over a foot.  It is supposed to continue snowing all day.



Like everyone else, I went to the grocery store in preparation to buy food and bottled water.  I also have my flashlight ready and waiting for a power outage. 



I don't mind the snow.  It's kind of fun to stay snuggled inside with warm cocoa and blankets.  If we lost power, the storm would change from being a perfect excuse to lounge around in pajamas all day watching tv to misery.  It would be cold and dark.


Needless to say, I'm really hoping we don't loose power.  No amount of chocolate would make that experience pleasant.  

My sister in-law Kara made this recipe when I was home for Christmas.  I thought it was delicious so I asked her for the recipe and made it last week.  


The ingredients are 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup mustard, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup  melted butter, 4 large chicken breasts, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.  I made this in a crockpot, but it can also be baked in the oven.



I added the melted butter, honey, and mustard into a bowl.



I added curry powder and salt.  I stirred the sauce together.



I cubed the chicken breasts and placed the chunks in a crockpot.  I poured the sauce over the chicken.  I let the chicken cook for three hours on the crockpot's high setting.  You could also bake this in the oven for an hour at 375 degrees.


After three hours, I added a little water to the cornstarch to make a slurry.  I mixed it well and then poured it into the chicken mixture.  The sauce needs to be brought to a boil for the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.



My sister in-law served this with rice, and I did the same.


This recipe is excellent.  The flavors were scrumptious and tantalizing.


 The chicken was savory and succulent.  The chicken's texture was tender and moist.  The sauce was flavorful, thick, and smooth.


The mustard and honey complemented each other well.  It was sweet, tangy, and savory.  Overall, it was delicious.  I'll make it again.


No comments: