Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mango Chutney and Ham Pizza


My roommate recently told me there is no savory dish that can't be improved with cheese and no dessert that can't be improved with chocolate.


I think I would have to agree.  You have an especially deadly combination when you combine chocolate and creamy milk products, like in chocolate cheesecake or chocolate ice cream.  

I haven't been getting enough pizza in my life.  I had it for the first time in a few month last week, and I realized what I had been missing.  I wasn't trying to remove pizza from my diet, but it inadvertently happened.  I can't let such a tragedy happen again.  


This is a pretty easy recipe to make.  I used frozen naan from Trader Joe's as the crust.  I also used mango chutney, ham, and mozzarella cheese.   There are only a handful of ingredients and the preparation only takes minutes.


While I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, I spread some mango chutney on a frozen naan.  I like chutney because it's sweet and a little spicy.  It isn't hot spicy but warm spicy.  It has deep flavors that don't burn like hot salsa.  It's delicious.



I added ham and a generous amount of cheese.



I baked this for around 7 minutes at 400 degrees.


The naan becomes crunch around the edges, and the cheese becomes gooey.  These two factors alone make this pizza delicious.


The mango chutney has a spicy and sweet flavor.  The ham is savory and sweet.  The cheese adds a nice mellowness.


This was a quick but savory and delightful dinner.  I enjoy making personal pizzas on naan because the size is perfect and it takes little time to bake.  Yum!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

your mango chutney ham pizza sounds delicious. I love mixing sweet and savory. I am definitely going to try this.

laura said...

Thanks Analida! I enjoy sweet and savory combinations too!