Sunday, February 18, 2018

Tropical Trail Mix Pancakes


These pancakes have a mouthful of a name.  I chose the name because I added tropical nut and fruit trail mix to the batter.


I am a fan of pancakes.  I have made many pancake recipes and posted them on this blog.













This perfect pancake recipe came from the Pioneer Woman.  I added sweetened coconut flakes, tropical nut and fruit trail mix, and chocolate chips.  The ingredients are 3 cups and 2 tablespoons cake flour, 3 tablespoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cups milk, 2 eggs, 3 teaspoons vanilla, 4 tablespoon melted butter, 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, 1 cup tropical nut and fruit trail mix, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.


I added the cake flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.



I mixed in the sweetened coconut flakes.



I added the milk and melted butter.



I added the vanilla extract and eggs.  I whisked the batter together.



I mixed in the trail mix and chocolate chips.


For each pancake, I scooped about a third of a cup of batter into a hot and greased skillet over medium heat.  I cooked the first side until bubbles started to form in the center, and the edges started to look cooked.  I then flipped the pancake and cooked the other side for a few minutes.


These were tasty pancakes.  The recipe created a fluffy, light and scrumptious pancake.  The texture was great.  The coconut added texture, flavor, and a little sweetness.


The trail mix had many chewy, crunchy, and delicious morsels.  It was a great addition to the pancake.  The chocolate chips were gooey and creamy.


I was pleased with these pancakes.  They were hearty and delicious.  I thought the recipe was great too.  I would make these again.

No comments: