Monday, February 12, 2018

Cocoa Brownies


I have been in a brownie making mood recently.  I made a box mix and a recipe called Bangor brownies just within the last month.  That doesn't bowed well for my healthy eating goals this year.



I made these for a craft night I had at my home.  I am going to get back into knitting.  Over a year ago, I knit a scarf.  I have actually only knit scarfs.  I think it's time I graduate to harder projects.  I think I am going to attempt a knit beret next.







This cocoa brownie recipe came from Food Network.  I added chocolate chips and chopped pecans.  The ingredients are 4 large eggs, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 8 ounces melted butter, 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.



I whipped the eggs until they were pale yellow and frothy.





I then beat in the white and brown sugar.




I mixed in the melted butter, cocoa powder, and salt.


I mixed in the vanilla and flour.


I then mixed in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.



I baked my brownies in little paper loaf pans, but the recipe calls for an eight inch square pan.  I baked the brownies for 45 minutes at 300 degrees.


I let the brownies cool on a wire rack.  


 These may not look like much, but there were delicious.  They are one of the best brownie recipes I have made.


 The chocolate is very rich and deep.  The brownies were very decadent.


The pecans and chocolate chips were a tasty addition.  I think the pecans were necessary.  I though the recipe may be overly sweet given how much sugar was in the recipe, but I though it was just the right amount.


These were scrumptious treats.  I will make this recipe again.  They were simple yet tasty.



No comments: