Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Flourless Chocolate Brownie


I don't think you can have too many brownie recipes at your disposal.  You may be in the mood for Cream Cheese Brownies,  peanut butter swirled brownies,  or brownies with a peanut butter and chocolate ganache.  


These Mississippi mud caramel brownies had a ribbon of caramel running through the center and were topped with pillowy marshmallows and silky glaze.   They were very decadent.

Over a year ago, I made and posted brownies with mint icing,  brownies with caramel kisses and caramel frosting, and rocky road fudge brownies.  The rocky road fudge brownies were pretty fantastic and rich.



It is pretty incredible to look back at all of the things I have made.  I have made gobs of food in the past few years.  These flourless chocolate brownies came from a Nigella Lawson cookbook called Nigella Express.  The recipe uses almond flour instead of regular flour.  I swapped the chopped walnuts for chopped almonds.


The ingredients are 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups ground almonds, and 1 cup chopped almonds.


 I melted the chocolate and butter together over low heat.




I removed the pan from the heat and let the melted butter and chocolate cool for a bit.  I added the sugar and vanilla.


I beat in the blended eggs and then the almond flour.


I stirred in the chilled almonds.


I lined a nine inch square baking dish with parchment paper and then thoroughly greased it.  I poured in the batter.


I baked the brownies at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes.  I let the brownies cool completely.


I then cut the brownies into manageable sized chunks.


These brownies were decadent, satisfying, and rich.  


The texture was chewy and dense.  They were fudgy, the best kind of brownies.


 The almond flour gave the brownie a distinct nutty flavor.  I could tell that the flour was a little coarser than regular wheat flour.  I enjoyed the almond flavor and feel.  They were a little different than your usual brownie.


The chocolate flavor was intense and rich.


 These were pleasurable and exquisite.  It was an undeniable baking success.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have made tons of awesome brownies and bars and these look like another added to the list. So think and chocolate-y.

laura said...

Thanks Laura! I think so too!