Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Chocolate Nutella Cookies


It has been too long since I have posted a cookie recipe.  It has actually has been less than a month.  I posted a chocolate peanut butter cookie for one recipe in early July.  You can't have too many cookie recipes though.










I found this chocolate Nutella cookie recipe on a blog called Simply Recipes.  I made it as directed.


The ingredients are 1 1/2 sticks butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup white sugar, 1 cup Nutella, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs, 2 cup and 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup chocolate chips.


I added the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar into a bowl.  I creamed the brown sugar and butters together for a few minutes.




I beat in the Nutella. 


I beat in the vanilla and eggs.


I added the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.  I mixed in the dry ingredients.



I mixed in the chocolate chips.



I placed mounds of dough two inches apart from each other on a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat.


I baked the cookies for ten to eleven minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before having them cool completely on a wire rack.


These were scrumptious cookies.


They were rich, chocolatey, and sweet.


The cookies were soft and chewy on the inside and a little crisp on the edges.  


The Nutella was a little more subtle than I expected.  It was present but not as obvious.  I would have preferred a stronger Nutella flavor.


 Regardless, they were decadent and toothsome.


They were decadent and delicious.


I enjoyed these cookies immensely.  I would definitely make them again.


No comments: