Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Chocolate Mint Cookies


Merry Christmas!  It is my favorite time of the year.


I am at home with my family, and it has been wonderful.  We have decorate the tree, made cookies, and wrapped presents.


Yesterday I watched It's a Wonderful Life.  I have seen that movie so many times, but I still think it is wonderful.  It is probably my favorite Christmas movie.


I think my favorite nonreligious, Christmas story is the Christmas Carol.  My dad reads that every year.  He still laughs at some of the passages.  

I made these cookies for a cookie exchange.  It was the first cookie exchange I have ever attended.  



It is a great idea.  Everyone makes a bunch of cookies, you meet, eat gobs of cookies, and then take several different types home to eat at your leisure.  


The recipe came from allrecipes, and I made it exactly as directed.  It is a wonderful recipe!


The ingredients are 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons water, 2  cups semisweet chocolate chips, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and around 36 Andes mints.



Over low heat, I melted the butter, sugar, and butter together.



I added the chocolate chips and melted them over low heat.


I poured the batter into a bowl and let it cool for ten minutes. Yum!


I added the eggs and mixed them into the batter individually.  


I gradually added the flour baking soda.


What a creamy, luscious batter!  I baked the cookies for 350 degrees at 10 minutes.  


I chopped the Andes into two pieces.  Once I removed the hot cookies from the oven, I put half of a mint on each cookie.



I waited a minute for the Andes mint to melt.


I spread the melted mint all over the top of the cookie.


I let the cookies cool completely on a rack.


These were fantastic.  The texture is dense and fudge like.


The cookies have a rich, strong, and dark chocolate flavor.


The mint flavor is present but not overwhelming.  The only mint flavor comes from the Andes, but I'm glad there wasn't any more mint added. It was the perfect level of mint flavor.


These were really popular at the cookie exchange.  The texture was fantastic, and the flavor was stupendous.  Really delicious!


This recipe has five stars on allrecipes, and I can see why.  I'll definitely make these again.   I like the melted chocolate on top that acts like an icing.  It had a pretty touch and a nice creamy texture.


You should make this recipe! You will not regret it.


No comments: