Thursday, January 10, 2019

Peppermint Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Chips


I haven't posted for a while.  I indented to over the Christmas holidays, but other things got in the way.  Since returning back from the holidays I haven't been busy, just lazy.


Yesterday I saw Miss Saigon for the first time.  I had heard about the musical, but I was unfamiliar with the story line.  I also had never heard any of the music before yesterday.

It is a bit depressing.  I didn't anticipate a cheerful story given the topic, but I do prefer happy endings.  The scenery was beautiful, and I think the actors did a good job.  The female lead, whose name was Kim in the musical, was a wonderful singer.


I have used this chocolate pancake recipe many times.  It is one of my favorite pancake recipes.  It always turns out well.  I replaced the milk with dark chocolate peppermint creamer.  I also added chocolate chips.  I doubled the recipe, but the list of ingredients shown below are only for a regular size batch.




The ingredients for this recipe are 1 cup dark chocolate peppermint creamer, 1 egg, 1 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.



I mixed together the the melted butter, egg, and creamer in a bowl.


I then added the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  I whisked all the ingredients together until there were no lumps.



I mixed in the chocolate chips.  I used about a third of a cup of the pancake batter for each pancake.  I cooked the pancakes over medium high heat.


Some of the pancakes I ate topped with chocolate pudding.  It was a tasty combination.


The peppermint flavor was pretty subtle.  I think adding peppermint extract would have been a good idea.


Regardless, these pancakes had a dark, rich chocolate flavor as usual.  The texture was soft and tender too.


These were yummy.  They had a subtle peppermint flavor appropriate for the holidays. 


No comments: