Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Chocolate Pancakes with Reese's Pieces and Peanut Butter Cups


We have been having peculiar weather where I live.  Last week it was very cold and snowy.  Today it reached 70 degrees.  In just one week the daily high temperature rose at least 40 degrees.


It was so warm yesterday and today that I rode my bike to work.  It has been a while since I could comfortably ride my bike to work.  Next week the temperature is going to get back down to the 30s and 40s, but this Spring time weather was been a wonderful break.


A little over a week ago, I got back from a cruise.  It is the first cruise I have ever been on.  It was fun, but I don't think I need to do it ever year.  The weather was wonderful and the food was delicious.  The places we stopped were fun, but I could have spent a little more time at each port.



It was so hot and sunny that I got a little sunburned on my back.  I went with my family, which was lots of fun.  They are wonderful travel companions.


I made these chocolate pancakes using my favorite chocolate pancake recipe.  I am surprised that only 73 people have reviewed the recipe.  It is one of my favorites.  I added some Reece's Pieces and peanut butter cups.  They sells bags of this at my grocery store in the baking isle.  


The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces and mini peanut butter cups mix.


I combined the melted butter, milk, and egg into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together well.



I added the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.  I whisked the batter together until there were no lumps.



I then mixed in the assorted peanut butter candies.


I baked these in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat.


These were tasty pancakes.  The texture is light and fluffy.


 The chocolate flavor is strong and pronounced.


The candies added gooeyness, peanut butter flavor, and extra decadence.


I wish I had a plate of these pancakes to dig into right now.  They were a delightful breakfast treat.


No comments: