Sunday, February 10, 2019

Ginger Cookies Dipped in White Chocolate


I made this cookies a during the holidays.  It has taken a while for me to post about them.  They are really more appropriate for Christmas, but I am sure they would still be delicious for Valentine's Day.


What makes these really special are the cool star shaped sprinkles.  I still have at least half a bottle of these sprinkles.  I'll have to think of something special to make that would be improved with star shaped sprinkles.

The white chocolate I used to dip the cookies in is CandiQuik.  It tastes like white chocolate, but they call it a candy coating.  It may not have any cocoa product in it.  I think white chocolate doesn't really taste anything like chocolate anyway, so CandiQuik is a fine replacement. 



I found this ginger cookie recipe on allrecipes.com.  I didn't dip the cookie dough into sugar before baking the cookies.  Instead I dipped half of the baked cookies into melted CandiQuik.  I used butter instead of margarine as well.

  
The ingredients are 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground clove, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 cup molasses, and almost 16 ounces CandiQuik.



I added the flour, ground ginger, baking soda,  cinnamon, cloves, and salt into a bowl.  I whisked together all of these ingredients.




I beat together the butter and white sugar until they were light and fluffy.  


I then beat in the egg, water, and molasses.



I gradually added the dry ingredients into the mixture while mixing the dough slowly.


I formed the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized mounds.  I placed the mounds on a baking sheet linked with a baking mat.  The cookies were about 2 inches apart from each other.  


I baked the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  After cooling a few minutes on the pan, I let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.


I then dipped half of the cookie into melted candy coating and added the star shaped sprinkles.  It took just a few minutes for the coating to harden.


There were delicious cookies.  The ginger cookies were soft and chewy.  They were fully of warm, holiday spices.  They smelled phenomenal. 


They chocolate and sprinkles made them extra decadent and festive.  I think they looked perfect for a party.


The chocolate coating made them extra sweet.  If you don't like sweet things, these may be too much for you.  I have an insatiable sweet tooth, so I had no problem eating a few of these in a row.


 I took these to a work holiday party, and they were gone before the end of the party.  They looked fancy, and they were scrumptious too.


 I would make these cookies again.  It is an easy but tasty recipe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! They look amazing! 😋