Saturday, June 6, 2015

Snickerdoodle Cookies


Yesterday I went to an outdoor concert in a park.  It was an area of town I didn't know well.  We walked around the neighborhood afterwards.  It was delightful.


The park was by the river.  The city has built a path along the river and through the park.  There were restaurants along the path and many people enjoying the start of the weekend in the relaxed atmosphere.  
  
I have lived in this area for around five years, and it surprises me when I discover an neighborhood, event, or museum.  It shouldn't be surprising because it happens all the time.



I rarely make snickerdoodle cookies.  I can probably count on one had the number of times I have baked these type of cookies in my life.  


Whenever I try one, I think, "I should eat these more often."  They're so tender, buttery, and homey.


The cookie recipe came from food.com.  I made half the amount directed.


The cookies require 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 3/8 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cream of tarter, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon.


I creamed the sugar and room temperature butter together.


After the sugar and butter were creamy, I added the egg and stirred.


I added the flour, cream of tarter, salt, and baking soda.



I stirred until all the ingredients were thoroughly combined.  I let the cookie dough batter chill in the fridge for ten minutes.


While the dough was resting in the fridge, I combined the remaining sugar and cinnamon. 


I formed the dough into golf ball size lumps and rolled them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.


I placed the formed dough on a greased sheet about two inches apart.



I baked the cookies for 11 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies rest for a couple of minutes on the pan before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely. 


These cookies were lovely.  The were as good as any snickerdoodle from a bakery,


 There were tender and soft.  The cinnamon flavor was pronounced, warm, and exquisite.


They are an old fashioned cookie but still elegant.  They are like a stately grandma.



 I thoroughly enjoyed these cookies, as did my coworkers who ate them with gusto.


 They were delectable, buttery, and chewy.


3 comments:

Ashley@CookieMonsterCooking said...

I don't even remember the last time I made snickerdoodle cookies! These sound delicious!

Miss Kim said...

They look delish. I've had it up to my ears with snickerdoodles back when doing production in culinary school. But it's been a while since I've had some and I kind of miss them. Warm, tasty snickerdoodles fresh out of the oven...yum!

laura said...

Thanks for visiting ladies! It sounds like you need to make some snickerdoodles :)