Sunday, November 25, 2018

Pumpkin Pancakes with Chocolate Chips


It's the Christmas season! What better way to welcome in the Holidays with pumpkin pancakes?  


I feel like pumpkin pancakes are appropriate for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The pumpkin makes perfect for Thanksgiving, and the cinnamon, ginger, and allspice make them a good fit for Christmas as well.
I found this pumpkin pancake recipe on allrecipes.com.  I added chocolate chips to make it a little more decadent.  I also doubled the recipe.  The ingredients for a regular size batch of pancakes are 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoon vinegar, 2 cups all purpose flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup chocolate chips.



I mixed the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, milk, and brown sugar together in a bowl.





I then added the flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.  I mixed this throughly until there were no lumps and everything was evenly incorporated.  




I mixed in the chocolate chips.  I cooked the pancakes over medium-high heat in a greased skillet.  I cooked both sides of the pancakes until they were golden brown.


These were tender, fluffy, and soft pancakes.  The texture was spot on.



The flavor was welcoming and pumpkin-packed.  It has lots of warm and inviting spices as well.


The chocolate chips added creaminess and gooeyness.


These were scrumptious and cheery pancakes.  They were a perfect way to welcome in the holiday season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stealing this one! Love it!